Learn how to create a report on ideas which have been recently completed.
To report on ideas which have been recently completed on your platform, you can setup a scheduled report detailing ideas completed within a certain timeframe, for example, the last seven days.
This allows you to track idea rejected over time and ensure that ideas aren’t lingering without a decision.
The steps below detail how to setup a standard ‘Recently Rejected Ideas’ report which can be run by platform administrators.
Step One: Setting up a report
- Click on the Settings cog and select Reports to open the report builder
- Click ‘Create new report’ and the wizard will appear
- You’ll be building an Idea Data report, so select Idea Data.
- To keep things simple for a standard Recently Rejected Ideas report, we suggest starting with a General Report. Select this from the list and click next
Step Two: Creating a Filter
Filters allow you to further define the parameters of your report, specially:
- The reporting period i.e. ideas completed in the last 7 days, 14 days, one month…
- Which Challenge, Idea Space of Co-Creation Community you’d like ideas for
To do this scroll to ‘Data to include’ and under ‘AND filters’
- Select the ‘Date’ option from the dropdown ‘Select a filter type’
- Select Progressed to Current Stage’ from the dropdown ‘Select what data to filter on’
- Select a filter value ‘Last 7 Days’
You will also need to add a second filter, to do this
- Select the ‘Status’ option from the dropdown ‘Select a filter type’
- Select ‘Completed’ from the dropdown ‘Select what data to filter on’
Filter Name and Description
To ensure this filter can be used by other administrators, we suggest naming this filter ‘Ideas Completed in the Last 7 Days’. Use the description field to outline what the filter configuration is in more detail.
To save your filter, click ‘Save filter configuration’
Step Three: Data Selection
For a simple view of all ideas submitted, we recommend that the following fields are selected:
- Idea ID
- Idea Name
- Date Created
- Date Completed
- Idea URL
- Number of unique views
- Idea Creator Email
- Creator First Name
- Creator Last Name
- Creator Department (if you’ve added this as a profile field)
Step Four: Name and Description
To make it easy to know which report this is, we suggest naming it Recently Completed Ideas report. Use the description field to detail what the reporting period is, who’s a recipient and what you use the report for.
By default, the person setting up the report is a recipient. You can also add other recipients, though they need to be a registered on the platform. To do this, start typing the name or email address of the report recipient and select them from the suggestions that appear.
Step Five: Scheduling for future delivery
By default, reports created are not scheduled for future or recurring deliveries. We recommend setting up the report for future delivery on a recurring schedule. To do this, select ‘Yes’, select the ‘Weekly’ schedule, and set report schedule day to ‘Friday’.
Once you have defined your report, recipient(s), and schedule you have the option to ‘Save for Later’ which would save the report and generate as per the schedule set above. We would recommend selecting the option to ‘Save and Run Now’ so you can view what the report output looks like and if required make changes as needed.