The new Link Ideas functionality enables Challenge Managers to connect related ideas, at any stage of the workflow, together to improve visibility, reduce duplication and increase collaboration. Linked ideas are visible to contributors, depending on their permissions, and enable them to navigate to the connected ideas simply by clicking on the links on the idea page.
How Challenge Managers should use Link Ideas
Duplicated Ideas - Ideas can often be submitted from different contributors but with the same content. Challenge Managers can reject one but link them together to provide context and traceability.
Similar Ideas - Sometimes Ideas are similar, but they require different implementation processes. Challenge Managers can link those Ideas to keep track of their progress independently.
Blocker Ideas - Ideas can often be a blocker that is stopping another being implemented. Challenge Managers can link them to progress the blocked Idea once the blocker Idea gets implemented.
- Navigate to the idea you want to link to other ideas.
- Scroll down and click + Link Idea.
- Use the search box to look for the idea(s) by ID or name.
- Click on the idea from the list to link it. You can link as many ideas as necessary by continuing to search/select ideas.
- You can un-link ideas by clicking on the red delete icon on the right-hand side.
Note: The linked relationship will display on both ideas.