The first iteration of our integration with Microsoft Teams allows users to highlight key content from the main Wazoku platform directly in Teams.
- Add the Wazoku app in a tab and select Challenges, communities and Ideas to highlight
- Automatically log in via Office 365 Single Sign On (SSO)
In the future, we’re looking at integrating notifications into Teams as well as embedding more focused parts of the workflow such as the evaluation of Ideas.
For a site to work with the integration, the Wazoku Platform site admin must first connect link their Microsoft Teams tenant ID with their Wazoku Platform site. This gives permission for the Teams integration to communicate with the Wazoku Platform site.
First, you need to grab your Microsoft Teams tenant ID. Here’s an easy way to find it.
- Open your Microsoft Teams application
- Find any channel in any team you’re in, and right click on it
- Click on “Get link to channel” in the menu that appears
- In the window that appears, copy the URL that appears and paste it into a notepad or Word document
- Copy the part of the string that appears after “tenantId=”
Next, as a site admin, locate the area where you can paste this tenant ID.
- Go to the settings cog > Admin Panel
- Go to the “Integrations” tab
- Go to the section titled “Microsoft Teams”
- Click on “Add a new Teams tenant ID”
- Input the tenant ID you just copied (not the entire URL, just the part that appears after “tenantId” as shown in the image above)
Note that multiple Microsoft Teams tenants may be connected to a single Wazoku Platform site. However, only one Wazoku Platform site can be connected to any given Microsoft Teams site. If the site admin tries to add a Microsoft Office tenant ID through these steps that is already connected to a different Wazoku Platform site, an error will appear in the Admin panel.
Adding a tab in a Channel
Once the tenant ID is set up in the admin panel, users can start adding the Microsoft Teams app in tabs in channels.
To add a tab:
- Go to the channel where you want to add a tab
- Click on the plus sign “+” next to your existing tabs
- Find the “Wazoku Platform” app by finding it in the list or searching for it in the search box, and click on it
- Pick what content you want to pin in that tab. Your options are:
- Community (Idea Space or Co-creation Community)
- Home page of the site
- Your content should be pinned in the tab for users to browse
The Teams integration leverages Office 365 Single Sign-On (SSO) to automatically sign users into the platform with their Office 365 email address. Typically users at an enterprise organisation will have a single email address associated with their work accounts, including Teams and the Wazoku Platform. If the user is signed into Teams with a different email address than the email associated with their Wazoku Platform account, it will create a second account for the user.