Evaluation is a key function within the challenge workflow that enables you to assign subject matter experts to evaluate ideas against a defined set of criteria.
There are two types of evaluator that you can assign to an Evaluation stage:
- Lead Evaluator – Completes the predefined evaluation criteria and determines the final decision on whether the Idea should progress or not progress to the next stage.
- Evaluator – Only completes the predefined evaluation criteria, does not make the final decision.
- Accessing Ideas to Evaluate
- How to Evaluate an Idea
- Progress/ Reject Multiple Ideas
- Fast Track & Send Back
There are three ways to access the Idea to evaluate it:
- Daily Summary email – A task to evaluate the Idea will be in your Daily Summary email until you have actioned this task. Select the “Evaluate now” button to be taken to the Challenge page of that Idea.
- Platform Task list – All of your evaluation tasks can be found in your task list. Select the Task page (top right, next to your profile icon), here is the list of Ideas for you to evaluate. Select the Idea you want to evaluate.
- Access the Idea directly – You can evaluate the Idea by accessing the Idea directly on the platform via the challenge page.
1) Navigate to the idea page.
2) Select the Evaluation
3) Complete the evaluation criteria.
4) Select Submit Evaluation Criteria.
5) Submit any comments you want to share with the other evaluators.
6) Complete the steps above, once you are ready to make a decision on the Idea, select Submit Evaluation Decision.
7) Select the decision you want to make from the drop down menu.
8) Explain your decision in the text box. This message will be emailed to the Idea creator.
9) Select if you want to display this message on the Idea for all other users to have visibility of it.
10) Click Submit Decision.
- Step 3: You will be able to see your submitted score as well as other evaluators’ scores by clicking on your/their name in the Evaluation Tab.
- Step 5: Comments added to the Evaluation tab are only visible to Managers and Evaluators.
- Step 9: We recommend to select this so other users can see why Ideas have been progressed or rejected.
1) Navigate to the Evaluation tab on the Challenge page.
2) Select multiple Ideas by checking their checkbox.
3) Select the button above with an icon of 4 squares.
4) Choose your decision to Progress or Not Progress.
5) Add a message which will be sent to all the Idea creators.
6) Choose if you want to make the decision public or not.
7) Select Submit Decision.
- Lead Evaluators can progress or reject multiple Ideas at once.
1) Navigate to the Idea page.
2) Select the Manage button on the right side of the page.
3) Select Fast-track or Send Back.
4) Choose the stage where you want to send the idea to from the drop-down menu.
5) Write a message to the Idea Creator as to why you are moving the idea.
6) Select the check box option Publish this message on the idea page. This will allow anyone else viewing the idea to see the reason for the move.
7) Click Confirm.