Customisation is key to driving engagement; a fun and interactive homepage can prove to be significantly more enticing. The Home Page is comprised of a set of “blocks” which are edited and arranged as you like. You may have as many or as few blocks as you wish.
Please note that only admins can edit the Homepage.
1) Select Edit Home Page from the Settings in the header bar.
2) Edit the current draft or start from scratch, click Continue.
3) Select Add New Block button at the bottom of the side menu.
4) Select what type of block you want to add.
- Step 2: If the Home Page has previously been edited then a pop-up will display asking if you want to edit the current draft or discard the draft and start fresh.
- Step 4: Once you have selected your blocks you can rearrange their order on the home page by dragging and dropping their order on the side menu.
1) Navigate to Settings > Edit Home Page.
2) Choose Edit the draft or Permanently deletethe draft and start a new one, click Continue.
3) Click on the block you want edit from the Content Blocks menu on the left hand side. This will highlight the block and reveal the block settings menu on the right hand side of the page.
4) Depending on the block type, there will be different tabs displayed where you can configure
General, Content and Appearance settings.
5) To add text to blocks such as General block, click into the block itself and then type directly into the boxes, edit the format using the options available.
6) Once you have made the required changes, use the preview feature to view what your Homepage will look like.
7) Click Save and Exit if you haven’t finished building your Homepage or Publish and Exit if you want to apply the changes live.
- General – general information block that can contain a background image or colour and one or more rows of text. Each text row can be displayed in a single or double column format.
- Media - allows you to display a single image or a video. It is a single row block, supporting various image formats (.jpeg, .jpg, .png & .gif) and embedded players (Youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud).
- Featured Content – allows you to feature multiple entities of the same type, in a single block. This block can feature Challenges, Conversations, Ideas, Idea Spaces or Co-creation Communities. Great for displaying multiple Challenges in a concise way.
- Challenge - feature a Challenge, including the name, description, workflow, calls to action and up to five ideas.
- Conversation – feature a Conversation, including the name, description and up to the five most recent comments.
- Idea Space – feature an Idea Space including name, description and unlimited Challenges and Conversations.
- Co-creation Community – feature a Co-creation Community including name, description and unlimited Challenges and Conversations.
- Gamification – If you are using Gamification you can add the Gamification leaderboard directly to your home page.
- Analytics – Allows you to display our analytics and gamification widgets.
- Custom Cards – Allows you to create a block with a series of cards around a specific theme, idea or any other categorisation. These cards can be linked to any internal or external you wish as well as a custom image applied.
3.4 Challenge block