Collaboration is at the core of Idea Spotlight; experience shows us that working together creates well rounded ideas that are of more value and easier for organisations to implement. Two key features of Idea Spotlight that promote collaboration are Commenting and Voting. This guide will take you through the end user journey of Adding a Comment and Voting.
1) Navigate to the Idea preview/full page or Conversation page.
2) Scroll down the page, add your comment into the text box.
3) If you wish to attach a file, select Attachments to reveal the relevant options.
4) Select Submit Comment when ready. You will see your comment appear at the top of the comments feed.
Adding a Comment
- Please note that Comments can be added to Ideas in any stage except the Completed stage, you also cannot add Comments to rejected or archived ideas.
- Step 2: You can enlarge the size of the box by clicking and dragging the lines in the bottom right hand corner of the box.
1) Under a comment you will see the Reply button, select this to open the text box.
2) Add your text into the box.
3) Select Attachments if you wish to add any files to your comment.
4) Select Submit Comment when ready and your reply will be added underneath the comment.
Replying to a Comment
- Please note that you can only Reply to an existing comment if the Idea/ Conversation is open to for new comments.
1) If you wish to show support for another user’s comment, you can vote on it by giving it a thumbs up (or thumbs down if enabled by the platform admin).
2) To add your vote, select the thumbs up/down icon under the comment, you will see the number change automatically confirming your vote has been cast.
Voting on a Comment
If enabled by the challenge manager, users can cast their vote on ideas through a range of voting systems, from stars and smiley faces to thumbs up/ down. Please note that votes can be cast on Ideas in any stage except the Completed stage, you also cannot vote on rejected or archived ideas.
Voting on Ideas
1) You can cast your vote directly from the idea card, idea preview or full idea page.
2) Under the idea title you will see the voting system (if enabled on the challenge). On the idea card you will see the voting system at the bottom of the card, as shown below.
3) To cast your vote, select the relevant symbol, e.g. thumbs up or 4 stars.
4) If you wish to change your mind, select your original selection to remove your vote completely or select another option to adjust your vote.
Examples of Voting Systems