Idea Spaces are dedicated public or private work spaces within Idea Spotlight in which you can create Challenges and Conversations. This guide will walk you through how to build Idea Spaces. Only platform Admins have the permissions to create a new Idea Space.
1) Navigate to Settings > Add Idea Space.
2) Choose and Card and Banner Image. The Banner will be displayed at the top of the Idea Space page, whilst the card image will represent the Idea Space in the Discover Page.
3) Enter a name for your Idea Space.
4) Choose your Idea Space Type.
If you choose Public, decide whether you want users to be automatically enrolled into the Idea Space or have to join manually.
5) Select your Invite Option.
6) Add a description to explain the purpose of the Idea Space.
Adding an Idea Space
7) Add your Idea Space Admins and Managers along with a custom invite that will be sent when you click Submit at the end.
Defining Idea Space Admins and Managers
8) If you want to add a Gamification block to improve the look of your Idea Space home page, click the radio button.
9) You can choose to exclude specific user groups from the Gamification results if you wish. Select the relevant groups.
10) Add any relevant attachments which will be displayed on the Idea Space home page.
11) Click Submit when finished to publish your Idea Space.
- Step 4:
Public – Visible to all users and anyone can join.
By Request – Content visible to all but users must request to join and be accepted by an Idea Space Admin/ Manager before being able contribute.
Invite Only – Idea Space is only visible to members. Members must be invited to the Idea
Space by a community Admin/ Manager.
- Step 5:
Full Contributors – Users invited to the Idea Space will also have access to the main Idea Spotlight Platform.
Limited Contributors - Users invited to the Idea Space will not have access to the main platform, only that specific community.
- Step 7: Admins have the ability to Manage Members, edit the community, add challenges/ conversations, generate reports and close the Idea Space. Mangers can add and manage conversations and challenges.