Simply, Categories are used to group related ideas together. Categories are usually used to group ideas together by department, division, location and business line for example. Idea creators can choose only one pre-defined category when creating an idea, as long as you have included the field in the form. The idea will then be assigned to the category and can be used with the various functions described below.
1) Navigate to Settings > Admin Panel > Categories.
2) Select + Add Category to reveal the text box.
3) Type in the name of the category and click Save. Add as many as you like.
Please note - If you wish to disable a category click the eye logo, this means that it won’t be able to be selected when building a new Challenge. If you wish to delete a category, click on the bin logo. Please note that if you delete a category that is already used on an idea, the idea will show the field as blank once deleted. If the idea is still editable, you can select another category.
4) Add Sub-Categories if required – Sub-Categories enable you to group ideas even further but cannot be used with the functions described in section 2.
List of Categories
1) Navigate to the Challenge Builder, either by editing an existing Challenge or creating a new one.
2) In the General tab scroll down to the heading Select Categories.
3) Tick the Categories that are relevant to that Challenge.
4) Submit or Update the Challenge
Please note – You must add the category field to the form you are using in the challenge for idea creators to be able to select a category.
Selecting Categories in the Challenge Builder