The new idea to Challenge Recommendations feature is a new tab in the Challenge page which shows your crowd similar ideas from other Challenges. Meanwhile, Challenge Managers will be able to copy existing recommended ideas, regardless of their status in the other challenge, to a new challenge and allow them to develop independently of the original idea.
- Ideas previously rejected get a second chance.
- Prevent the 're-invent the wheel' syndrome by recycling previously submitted ideas that may already solve the problem.
- Demonstrate the types of ideas the Challenge Manager is looking for to encourage better suited ideas for the current challenge.
- No idea is ever lost.
- Highlight under-used solutions.
- Encourage cross-functional/cross-organisation collaboration.
To enable this feature please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Configuring Idea to Challenge Recommendations (Admins & Challenge Managers)
New Challenge - Settings > Add Challenge > Clone/ Create Blank > Social Tab.
Existing Challenge - Navigate to the Challenge page > Manage > Edit Challenge > Social Tab.
2) Scroll down to the bottom of the page to Idea to Challenge Recommendation Settings.
3) There are 3 settings that you need to set, if they have already been configured then leave them as they are, otherwise please see below for further detail:
Idea Recommendation Similarity Threshold - set between 0 and 100, the threshold is the minimum similarity required, for ideas to be recommended. The higher the value, the less results you should expect. We recommend 25-30.
Maximum number of Idea Recommendations - the maximum number of recommendations that are shown for any idea. These recommendations must have similarity above the threshold you set, therefore you will not always see the maximum number of results. Maximum is 15, minimum is 1.
Include Archived? - Decide whether you want archived ideas to be included in recommendations.
Idea to Challenge Recommendation Settings
4) Update/ Submit Challenge.
How to view Recommend Ideas
1) Navigate to the Challenge page > Recommended ideas tab.
Recommended Ideas on the Challenge Page
How to copy an Idea into a Challenge (Admins & Challenge Managers)
1) Navigate to the Challenge page (where you want the idea to be copied to) > Recommended ideas tab.
2) Select the idea you want to copy by clicking on the name to bring up the preview modal.
3) Click Copy idea to this challenge. A green flash message will confirm the action.
- Original idea creator will not receive any notifications if their idea is copied and for any following subsequent actions.
- If the idea you are copying uses a different form to the destination challenge, the new idea will have blank fields.
Copying a recommended Idea
4) Navigate to the Ideas tab on the challenge, your copied idea will appear as the newest idea.
5) Select the Idea to open the preview modal. Scroll down to see a link and summary of the original idea that you copied. The link will only be visible to users who have access to the original idea.
Original Idea Preview