Our Client Excellence staff is available to assist you in communicating with Solvers if you should need additional information or further clarification around a Challenge submission. This interaction must be limited to clarification of the existing submission with respect to the success criteria and not a request for additional information beyond the scope of the original Challenge. InnoCentive continues to hide your identity from the Solver during this Q&A time period.
Articles in this section
- What type of verification does InnoCentive do on the winning Solver?
- What if we need to ask the Solver clarification questions before making a decision on an award?
- What if we solve the problem after the Challenge is posted?
- Can we test a submision before we agree to pay the award?
- What if we terminate the agreement in the niddle of one of our postings, what happens with the Challenge and potential award?
- Can a Solver later use the information that we included in the Challenge posting?
- Why does your agreement have an audit provision?
- Why doesn't InnoCentive or the Solver warrant that the solution is patentable or novel?
- What if we see a submission or idea that did not win, but we already knew about it and later use use it? Could the Solver sue us?
- Who decides if a Solver's submission is a winner?