This visualisation shows enhanced outcomes over time. It’s currently available for a single idea. On the idea view (both preview and full), it shows up below the outcomes fields.
The visualisation is turned on if enhanced outcomes is enabled and outcomes fields are on any of the idea forms associated with the Challenge. The visualisation is visible to anyone who can manage the Challenge, meaning typically Challenge Managers and admins on the site.
The visualisation shows the value (in outcomes) of a single idea across a configurable time period. Compare between initial, validated and actual outcomes with 3 line graphs showing the cumulative outcomes for that date. Positive outcomes are above the axis and negative outcomes are below the axis.
You can use the interactive legend to select one type of outcome (initial, validated or actual) and view an overlaid horizontal bar chart that shows the amount of outcomes logged per each time interval.
Outcomes can be one-off or recurring. If they’re recurring, they can have a start and end date logged against them, just a start date or neither a start nor end date. The following rules dictate how the start and end dates for the outcomes are calculated and shown when illustrated on the visualisation.
For the start dates for each outcome are determined like so:
- If the start date exists, take the start date
- If no start date exists and the idea is not rejected, approved, or completed, take today
- If the idea is rejected, take the rejected date
- If the idea is approved and not completed, take the approved date
- If the idea is completed, take the completed date
The end dates for each outcome are determined like so:
- If the end date exists, take the end date
- If there’s no end date and it's recurring, it lasts for five years
- If there’s no end date and it's a one off, it’s a one-off outcome occurring on the start date
In addition, the following guidelines determine the default time range shown for the X axis when the visualisation is first loaded. The time can be configured in the drop down to show any custom range.
- Every resource should have a start date. The graph view starts at the minimum start date
- If an end date exists for every resource for each field (and for each idea for the Challenge view), the X axis extends to the maximum end date out of all of the resources
- If any recurring resource does not have an end date, the X axis extends to either 5 years or the maximum end date, whichever is greater