To access the Report Builder, you must have one of the following roles:
- System Admin
- Idea Space or Co-creation Community Admin (for at least one community)
- Challenge Manager (for at least one Challenge)
- Moderator (for at least one Challenge or Conversation)
To generate a report:
1. Select ‘Reports’ from the Admin cog in the upper right hand corner of the site.
2. From the list of reports, click ‘Select’ for the report you would like to generate.
3. Select the desired filters (see below for a full description of the filter options).
4. Select the users or add the email addresses of the individuals who should receive the report.
5. Click ‘Create Report’ to generate the report.
Scope and Filters
First you need to select the scope of your report. This defines the Challenges and communities of the ideas included in the report. You can include ideas in Challenges or communities that match all of the conditions (AND logic) or any of the conditions (OR logic). The following scope options are available:
- Challenge Name - selects one or more Challenges by their name.
- Challenge Active Stage - selects one or more Challenges by the stages that are active in the Challenge. For phased Challenges, there will be one stage active at all times; for parallel Challenges, all stages in the Challenge are active stages with the exception of the Gather stage if it's been closed for that Challenge.
- Challenge Category - selects one or more Challenges by the categories that are associated with them.
- Community Name - selects one or more Idea Spaces or Co-creation Communities by their name.
Once you have selected the scope for your report, you can also filter the report to include only a subset of ideas. When setting your filters, you can include ideas that match all of the conditions (AND logic) or any of the conditions (OR logic). The following filter options are available:
- Idea was Added - filters by the date the idea was published.
- Idea was Approved
- Idea was Completed
- Most recent evaluation decision (filters by the date of the most recent evaluation decision submitted by a Lead Evaluator - this does not currently capture a stage progression performed by an Admin.)
- Progressed to current stage
- Last comment added to the idea
- Last vote submitted on the idea
- Stage Name - if only one Challenge is included in the report, the specific Stage Names for the Challenge.
- Stage Type - if more than one Challenge is selected, the type of stage (i.e. Gather, Evaluation, Development, etc).
- The custom status names
- Available for Challenges that include Category as a form field.
Idea form fields
- Available when the report scope is a single Challenge.
Creator profile form fields
- Available if the scope includes Challenges only using the Main Site profile form.
A link to download the report as an Excel spreadsheet (.xlsx file format) can be sent to the email addresses of the recipients. The user generating the report is automatically added as a recipient but can be removed if desired. Other users on the platform can also be added as recipients. Users that are not registered on the platform but have an email address with a domain that is allowed by the site can also be added.
Each report includes a set of general information. The following columns will appear at the beginning of each report.
- Community - the parent community (Idea Space or Co-Creation Community) for the Challenge.
- Challenge - the parent Challenge for the idea.
- Idea ID
- Idea Name
- Date Created
- Date of Last Comment - date the most recent comment was added to the idea.
- Date of Last Vote - date the most recent vote was given to the idea.
- Date of Most Recent Evaluation Decision - date the most recent evaluation decision was made by a Lead Evaluator. This captures actions performed through the evaluation tab on a Challenge or on an idea. This does not currently capture a stage progression performed by an Admin.
- Date Approved
- Date Completed
- Date Entered Current Stage - date the idea entered the stage it’s currently in.
- Stage - current stage of the idea
- Status - current status of the idea
- Team - indicates whether a team exists for this idea (Yes) or if the idea was submitted by a single creator (No).
The following columns will typically appear at the end of each report.
- Creator Profile Form Fields
If the report includes only Challenges that are part of the main site, there is a column for each field in the Profile form.
If the report also contains Challenges that use a community-specific Profile form, additional columns will be added for these community-specific fields. Ideas in communities with community-specific Profile forms will only show Profile form information for that one community-specific Profile form; the main site form and other community-specific forms will be blank.
If the report only contains Challenges that use a community-specific Profile form, the main site Profile fields are not included.
- Idea form fields - only available if all included Challenges use the exact same set of idea forms.
The following additional information is specific to the individual reports.
The team members report includes general information about ideas, creators and teams. The report includes a row for each team member. For example, if a team consists of the original creator and two team members, the report will include three rows for the idea.
Note: Ideas that do not have teams will still be included in this report.
- Creator - indicates whether the user in the row is the idea creator or a team member.
- First Name, Last Name, Display Name and Email – default information for the idea creator or team member.
- Profile Form Fields – remaining Profile form fields for either the idea creator or team member.
The idea history report includes the full idea history, such date the idea was created, progressed or moved. The report includes one row for for each action associated with idea. For example, if an idea was added and then progressed to the next stage, the report will include two rows for that idea.
Note: The report includes information for all ideas that are currently in the Challenge. An idea that was moved to a new Challenge will not be included in a report for that Challenge. An idea that was copied to a Challenge will be included in that report.
- Time - date the action took place.
- Action - type of action that was taken. The report includes when an idea was progressed to the next stage, fast-tracked, sent back, shared, moved and copied as well as status changes (i.e. approved or rejected).
- From Challenge/To Challenge - if the idea was moved or copied into the Challenge the report is being generated for, indicates the original and new Challenge. If an idea is moved, the idea will no longer appear in the report for the original Challenge. If an idea is copied, the original idea will still appear in the report for the original Challenge, but the history point for the copy action will not appear in the report for the original Challenge.
- From Stage/To Stage - if the idea is progressed, fast-tracked, sent back, copied or moved, this indicates the original and new stage. If a stage change also results in a status change, the status change information appears on the same line in the report and a separate action row is not generated.
- From Status/To Status – the original and new statuses, if the idea status changed within a single stage (i.e. changed from Concept to Consultation in the Gather stage).
- Actioner First Name, Actioner Last Name, Actioner Display Name, Actioner Email – details for the user completing the action. If the action is the result of an auto-progression, these columns will remain blank.
The evaluation report includes the evaluation scores by evaluator, by evaluation stage and by criteria and the evaluation decisions. If evaluation criteria are submitted for an idea, there is a row for each criterion. This report captures actions performed through the evaluation tab on a Challenge or on an idea. This does not currently capture a stage progression performed by an Admin.
For each evaluation stage, there is one or more rows with the following information:
- Evaluation Stage – specific name of the stage
- Date Sent to Evaluation - date the idea was sent to the evaluation stage
- Date Decided - date the evaluation decision was made
- Decision - evaluation decision (i.e. progress, not progress, etc)
- Decision Maker First Name, Decision Maker Last Name, Decision Maker Display Name, Decision Maker Email – details for the user that made the evaluation decision
- Number of Assigned Evaluators - number of Evaluators assigned to evaluate the idea
- Number of Evaluators who Evaluated – number of Evaluators who submitted an evaluation for the idea
- Evaluator First Name, Evaluator Last Name, Evaluator Display Name, Evaluator Email – details for the user that submitted the evaluation
- Criteria Name
- Rating – rating submitted by the Evaluator There are several summary rows, as shown below, that show up as summary rows after each section evaluation content:
There are several summary rows, as shown below, that show up as summary rows after each section evaluation content:
- Average Weighted Rating per Evaluator - average weighted rating for this idea across all criteria for each Evaluator
- Average Rating per Criteria - average rating for this idea across all Evaluators for the specific criterion.
- Average Rating - average rating for this idea across all criteria and Evaluators
The tokens report includes information on the tokens granted to each idea by grantor as well as by token grant size.
The report includes a single row for each user that granted tokens to the idea; if a single user grants tokens multiple times to the same idea, the report includes a single row with the sum of tokens granted by the user.
There is a summary row for each idea that includes summary stats, such as the total number of tokens granted and the average tokens per grant.
- Token Grantor First Name, Token Grantor Last Name, Token Grantor Display Name, Token Grantor Email - details for the user that granted tokens on the idea.
- Date Granted - date the grant was given. If multiple grants were given by the same user on the same idea, the date is the first grant.
- Tokens Granted - number of tokens granted by the user. If a user made multiple grants separately on a single idea, this is the total of all of their grants.
- Number of Individual Grants – number of different users who granted tokens to this idea.
- Average Tokens per Grant - average number of tokens granted by each user. If a user made multiple grants separately on a single idea, it still counts as one grant by that user.
- Total Tokens Granted – sum of all tokens granted to this idea
The votes report shows votes and vote grantor information. The report has a row for each individual vote granted and a summary row for each idea that includes summary stats such as the total
number of votes granted. If a user submits a vote and then changes the vote, only the newest vote will appear in the report. However, the date of the first vote grant will be shown.
- Date Vote Granted - date the vote was submitted. If a user submits a vote and then changes the vote, only the newest vote will appear in the report. However, the date of the first vote grant will be shown.
- Vote Grantor First Name, Vote Grantor Last Name, Vote Grantor Display Name, Vote Grantor Email – details for the user who voted
- Rating Granted - Indicates the vote that was granted.
If there is a custom name for the rating in the rating system (such as a thumbs up or thumbs down), the column displays the custom name. Otherwise, it shows the numerical value corresponding to the voted value.
If the rating has a name (e.g "Thumbs Up"), then that should be shown.
For "Low to High" rating systems, the number should be the position (from the left) of the rating given (i.e 1 for 1 star rating, 2 for 2 star rating ... etc). For "High to Low" rating systems, the number should be the position from the right of the rating given (i.e for a 5 star rating system: 1 for a 5 star rating, 2 for a 4 star rating... etc).
- Number of Votes - total number of votes the idea has received.
- Popularity – the popularity or the vote score of the idea, which allows ideas with different rating systems to be compared together.
- Vote Count – a series of columns with the format “Vote Count: 1”, “Vote Count: 2”, etc for the maximum number of ratings. For example, if a report contains ideas from two Challenges, and Challenge A uses a rating system from 1 to 4 and Challenge B uses a rating system from 1 to 7, there will be 7 columns from “Vote Count: 1” to “Vote Count: 7”.
The social overview report includes an overview of idea views, comments and votes. There is one row for each idea.
- Number of Views - total number of times the idea has been viewed.
- Number of Shares - total number of times the idea has been shared.
- Number of Comments - total number of comments the idea has received.
- Number of Votes - total number of votes the idea has received. · Popularity - the popularity or the vote score of the idea, which allows ideas with different rating systems to be compared together.
- Vote Count - a series of columns with the format “Vote Count: 1”, “Vote Count: 2”, etc for the maximum number of ratings. For example, if a report contains ideas from two Challenges, and Challenge A uses a rating system from 1 to 4 and Challenge B uses a rating system from 1 to 7, there will be 7 columns from “Vote Count: 1” to “Vote Count: 7”.
The outcomes report includes data on the enhanced outcomes released in late 2019 and provides a breakdown of initial estimates, validated estimates and actual outcomes. A row will appear for each resource, outcome type and field combination, as well as several summary rows for the total field, for each idea.
- Outcome Type – identifies whether the outcome is an initial estimate, validated estimate or actual outcome
- Field Name - name of the outcome field.
- Resource Name - name of the specific resource (such as time, paper, etc).
- Resource Quantity - the quantity of the resource. This will be a numerical value.
- Resource Units - unit for “Resource Quantity” (i.e. minutes, hours, etc).
- Frequency – how frequently the resource repeats (i.e. daily, weekly). This is a numerical value.
- Frequency Units - unit for “Frequency” · Cost - cost per unit of the selected resource.
- Start Date/End Date - start and end date for the resource.
- Resource Total - total cost of this resource.
- Field Total - total cost of all resources selected for the field.
- Field Time Increment - time increment for the field (i.e. annually, weekly).
- Idea Total By Minute, Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly, One-off - one column for each of time increments (7 columns total). For an idea, each column shows the total of all resources in all fields with the corresponding time increment. For example, if “Field Name A” and “Field Name B” are both monthly time increment fields, and “Field Name A” has a field total of “50” and “Field Name B” has a field total of “40”, the “Idea Total Monthly” field will have a total of 90.
Links to the existing Idea Moderation report. Reports can be generated on all content in Challenges or conversations that the user generating the report has the permissions to manage.
Link to the existing Comment Moderation report. Reports can be generated on all content in Challenges or conversations that the user generating the report has the permissions to manage.
Only System Admins will have access to this report.
Link to the existing user export available in the Admin Panel.