Manage Ideas: Move & Copy
To move or copy an idea:
1. On the Challenge ideas tab, click one or more ideas and select Move or Copy from the actions menu. On the idea page, select Move or Copy from the Manage menu.
2. In the Move or Copy window, select the ‘To’ Challenge from the list of Challenges that are currently accepting ideas:
3. Map the form fields from the current Challenge to the form fields for the new Challenge by selecting an available field in the drop down menu. Where possible, field mappings are pre-populated based on the field types and content between the two forms.
Field Mapping Notes:
- Content from any field type (i.e. dropdown, radio button, text) can be mapped to any type of text field (single line text/plain text/rich text editor).
- Fields with defined options (i.e. dropdown, radio buttons, checkboxes) can be mapped to the same field type only if the destination field has the same amount or more choices. If there are more choices on the destination Challenge, then the original Challenge value will be mapped to the same position on the destination Challenge (for example, ‘Choice B’ on the original Challenge will be mapped to ‘Choice B’ on the destination Challenge).
- Only one options field on the original Challenge can be mapped to one options field on the destination Challenge. If more than one options field on the original Challenge is mapped to the same options field on the destination Challenge, then the confirm button will be disabled and a 'duplicate' error message will be shown until another selection is made for one of those options field mappings.
- You can map multiple fields to the same text field on the destination form. If you map multiple fields, the content will be concatenated and be displayed with spacing between different field content.
- All fields must either be mapped to another field or explicitly not mapped before the idea can be moved or copied. If a field is not mapped, that data will be lost.
- An orange exclamation mark indicates the field mapping has not been completed.
- When a field has been mapped, a green tick confirms a selection has been made.
- Outcomes fields can be mapped to outcomes if fields if the setup of the fields are identical and have the same resources. If the Outcomes fields do not match, the Outcomes fields can be mapped to any text field.
- By default, attachments are mapped between Challenges, but the Challenge Manager can select to not map attachments if required. Attachments cannot be mapped if the new Challenge does not have an attachment field within the form.
- Categories can be mapped directly if both Challenges have the same categories field within both forms. If there is a categories field on the original Challenge, but no categories field on the new Challenge, the categories from the original Challenge can me mapped to any text field. If there is no categories field on the original Challenge but there is a categories field on the new Challenge, the Idea Creator will be prompted to add a category to the idea when they next view the idea.
- Keywords can be mapped if there is a keywords field on both Challenges.
- Canvases can be mapped if the same Canvas type is available on both the original Challenge and destination Challenge. If the Canvas types do not match (i.e. the destination Challenge has no canvas or a different Canvas type associated with it), the Canvas will be converted to a PDF and displayed as an attachment to the idea.
4. To save the mappings for future use, select the Save mappings tickbox. If a Challenge Manager saves the mappings, they will automatically pre-populate the same field mappings when moving or copying ideas between the same two stages across the same two Challenges. These mappings will then be saved for all Challenge Managers who also move or copy an idea between the same two stages across the same two Challenges.
5. By default, a copy of the original idea is included on the idea page so the original content will not be lost even as the idea progresses in the new Challenge. If you do not want to include this content on the moved or copied idea, select the Exclude copy of idea content tickbox.
6. By default, the public idea comment thread is copied to the moved or copied Idea. If you do not want to copy the comment thread, select the Exclude idea comments tickbox.