We have enhanced the existing Move functionality to provide a clear delineation between moving and copying ideas between Challenges. With the introduction of these enhancements:
Move will be moved to the new Challenge and will be removed from the original challenge. The moved idea will retain the original idea ID for easy searching and access.
Note: all existing moved ideas will be removed from existing Challenges, updates to the existing Challenge and site stats. Therefore, you may see a reduction in the number of ideas in your Challenge and Dashboard stats.
Copy will allow you to create a copy of the idea, with a new idea ID, into another challenge. This will then be progressed independently from the original idea. The original idea, with its original Idea ID, remains associated with the original Challenge.
When moving or copying an idea, you will be given the option to map fields from the original idea Form to the new idea Form (if they have different forms).
How it should be used
Idea mobility is important and will give you more flexibility when managing your ideas and content. You can use the move & copy functionality to:
- Move ideas submitted against the wrong Challenge to a more suitable challenge
- Create connected workflows. With connected Challenges, ideas that complete an initial workflow (ie. Research phase) can be copied to a new Challenge to complete the next stage, such as a proof of concept or testing workflow. This will allow you to keep a record of the initial idea development in the first Challenge, whilst also supporting an independent evaluation of the idea in the new challenge.
- Co-create with an external community, but also have a copy of the idea in an internal community to allow more private development of the idea while receiving feedback from your Ecosystem or Customers. Support your reward and recognition programme by copying winning ideas to your ‘Ideas of the Year’ awards or other recognition programmes.
- Leverage the learnings from one idea – for example the use of a particular technology or process – in a different context by copying the idea to a new Challenge to develop further for a new use case.
- Move and copy can be turned on separately for a site, allowing organisations to decide whether they want to use move copy, both or neither.
- Field mapping will allow you to map the form fields between forms, eliminating the need to create a PDF for a moved or copied idea.
- When mapping fields, multiple fields can be mapped to the same field and you have the choice to not map a particular field. One you have mapped fields between two challenges, you are able to save that mapping for future use.
- Ideas are able to be moved and copied if they have a canvas associated with it.
Both feature flags for move & copy will be turned on my default. If you would like to change your configuration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.