These are enhancements to Comment Moderation allowing users to report comments to be moderated.
Moderators can be:
- Challenge Managers
- Anyone who has been assigned as a moderator within Challenge Builder
Comment Moderation can be turned on/off on a challenge-by-challenge basis. The Challenge Manager can turn the on by following the below steps -
- Edit the challenge
- Go to the Social Tab.
- Go to “Do you want to enable comment Moderation” and select your option to yes/no.
- The Challenge Manager is set by default as a Moderator and they can add any individual or a group as additional moderators.
- Go to “Select a moderation type”.
- Select your option.
- Challenge Managers will have the option to either
- hide (make private) the Idea when it is flagged.
- keep the Idea visible until the Moderator makes a decision.
How to use the feature from a Moderator perspective –
- Navigate to the comments section within an Idea.
- Click the cog below the profile picture in the comment section as highlighted below.
3. Clicking the cog will open the moderate comment modal as can be seen below.
a. Decision – Select an option from the drop down.
i. Hide this comment
b. Reason – Select a reason from the drop down.
c. Additional Information –Add more content supporting your decision.
d. After clicking into the confirm button, the moderator will get a window to send a message to Commenter. Refer to the below picture.
4. When the Moderator has moderated the comment and selected “hide comment” it will look like the below.
How to use the feature from an end-user perspective –
- As an end user you will see an option to ‘Report’ on any comment in an idea as highlighted below.
2. When ‘Report’ is clicked, a modal will pop up as highlighted below.
3. User should select the reason and add additional information if required.
4.Confirm and submit.
- When a comment is flagged, the Moderator(s) receives a task notification. The task should generate an immediate notification email as well as being added to the tasks in the Daily Summary. Please refer to the image below.
2. After reviewing the task list, the Moderator can then navigate to the idea(s) and review who has flagged the idea and the reason behind it by clicking the cog. Please refer to the images below.
3. Clicking the cog will open the moderate comment modal, and the Moderator can then see the comments and the reason behind the flag by different users. Please see image below.
4. The Moderator can either approve the flag or delete it by selecting an option from the drop down from decision.
- Approve this Comment
- Hide this Comment
5.The Moderator should select their decision and confirm which will bring the moderator to a new window to send message to the commenter and the reporters.