Idea Moderation is allows end users to report an idea for moderation.
Moderators can be:
- Challenge Managers
- Anyone who has been assigned as a moderator within Challenge Builder
Idea Moderation can be turned on/off on a challenge-by-challenge basis. And the Challenge Manager can set the feature on/off by following the below steps -
- Edit the challenge.
- Go to the Social Tab.
- Go to “Do you want to enable Idea Moderation” and select your option to yes/no.
- The Challenge Manager is set by default as a Moderator and they can add any individual or a group as additional moderators.
- Go to “Select a moderation type”.
- Select your option.
- Challenge Managers will have the option to either
- hide (make private) the Idea when it is flagged.
- keep the Idea visible until the Moderator makes a decision.
How to use the feature from a Moderator perspective
- Go to any idea and view the full Idea.
- Moderators will see the ‘Moderate’ option within the ‘Manage’ drop-down.
3. When ‘Moderate’ is selected you will see the moderate Idea modal as shown below.
a. Decision – Select your option from the drop down.
i) Delete this idea
b. Once you select the option to delete the idea, you need to confirm and a new window to send a message to the creator will pop up like in the image.
How to use the feature from an end-user perspective –
- End users can report an Idea from an Idea preview or from within the full Idea page.
- After navigating to an idea, you can see the button ‘Report’ to report the idea as the images shown below.
3. When you click into the ‘Report’ button the modal as below will pop up.
a. Reason – Select your reason from the drop down for flagging the idea.
b. Additional Information – You can provide more information on the reason behind flagging the idea.
c. Confirm and Submit.
Note – Once the user has reported an idea, the ‘Report’ button will disappear from the idea for that user.
- When an Idea is flagged, the Moderator(s) receives a Moderation task for the Idea. The task should generate an immediate notification email as well as being added to the tasks in the Daily Summary. Please refer to the image below.
2. After checking the task list, the Moderator can then navigate to the idea(s) and can see who has flagged the idea and the reason(s) behind it. Please refer to the images below.
3. The Moderator can then take their decision to either approve the idea and remove the flag, or permanently remove the idea by selecting an option from the drop down from ‘Decision’.
a) Decision – Approve this idea: Moderator can remove the flag(s) and approves the idea.
b) Decision – Delete this idea: Moderator determines the Idea is inappropriate, they can delete the idea. If the Idea is removed, it should be treated in the same manner as an otherwise deleted Idea.
4. If the moderator wishes to approve the idea, then they would get an option to edit the idea. Look at the screenshot below -
5. When the Moderator makes their decision, they will select their decision from above and click into confirm, which will bring a new window with option to send a message to:
a. Idea Creator - explaining the decision (i.e. confidential information removed, idea inappropriate)
b. Reporter - explaining the decision (i.e. the idea was not inappropriate or confidential)