There are situations where you may not want your users being able to search for other users on the platform for privacy reasons. This configuration option will allow System Admins to limit who can search for other users on the Discover page.
- Increased user privacy by restricting who can search for People, particularly in open, public communities.
- Options to apply different settings for internal communities and external communities, so you can provide nuanced access as required.
When additional privacy is required for the users in your community, you can limit the People search.
- Allow everyone to search for People within Discover, or restrict the functionality to Admins only.
- Idea Space Admins and Co-creation Community Admins have the option to apply different settings for Idea Spaces and Co-creation Communities, depending on the privacy requirements for either of them.
Admins can select whether the functionality to search for People is applied to everyone or Admins only across an Idea Space and Co-creation Community:
- Configure People search for the main site and individual Idea Spaces and Co-creation Communities.
- Even if users cannot search for users in the People search, they will still be able to @mention their team members in comment channels.