There are Challenges, and workflow processes, where it is not possible to pre-define who should evaluate the ideas before they are initially assessed. Therefore we have enhanced our ad-hoc evaluation functionality to make it so that you can ensure all ideas are assigned a Lead Evaluator when they are progressed to evaluation. By marking a stage as 'Ad hoc Only' Challenge Managers will ensure that at least one Lead Evaluator is assigned to the idea when it progresses to the stage.
- Allows you to ensure the right person is evaluting the idea as you no longer need to rely on pre-defining Evaluators
- Reduces chances of the error of Ideas being sent to an evaluation stage without any led evaluator. This functionality ensures at least one Lead Evaluator is assigned.
This evalution stage option is useful when Evaluators for ideas in a particular stage cannot be known before the ideas are progressed because the next Evaluator is dependent on:
- Who made the previous decision - i.e. next Evaluator is the previous Evaluator's line manager
- Decision made - i.e. in an go/no go decision framework, go decisions and no go decisions are reviewed by different people
- Type of idea or decision - i.e. previous Evaluator determines which subject matter expert should review the idea
The new Adhoc Evaluator stage will defined on the Evaluators tab of an Evaluation stage type. If a stage is defined as 'Ad hoc only':
- When progressing an idea into the Ad hoc Only stage, the user progressing the idea must select at least one Lead Ad hoc Evaluator for the idea.
- If there are already Ad hoc Evaluators associated with the stage (i.e. because the idea is being sent back to a previous evaluation stage), the previously assigned list of Evaluators is displayed and no additional Evaluators are required to be added.
- If a previous Ad hoc Evaluator has been deactivated. the user will not be included in the list of Ad hoc Evaluators when sending the idea back to a previous stage because the user cannot be an Ad hoc Evaluator anymore.