To faciliate collaboration between team members, and to allow Challenge Managers to engage teams and/or other users, such as subject matter experts, we are introducing Private Comment Channels, which can be turned on/off for individual Challenges.
Private Comment Channels
If Private Comment Channels are turned on for a Challenge, the following default channels will be present:
- Idea Team - a private channel for team members to discuss the idea. No other issues, including Challenge Managers and Admins will have access to this channel in order to encourage team members to collaborate on the platform rather than taking a private conversation into email threads, chats, etc.
- Managers - a private channel for the Challenge Managers and Admins.
- Managers + Idea Team - a private channel for Challenge Managers/Admins plus the Team Members to discuss the idea privately rather than taking the discussion offline or to an email thread.
In addition to the default channels, Team Members and Challenge Managers can create custom channels and invite other users to those channels. Other users cannot create private comment channels.
Example custom channels might include:
- Advisor Channels - team members can invite an advisor to a private channel to request assistance developing their idea.
- SME Channels - Challenge Managers can invite subject matter experts to a private channel to discuss an idea before sending it to an evaluation stage if more informaiton is needed to determine whether the idea is ready to progress or needs adidtional information/development, etc.
Please connect email@example.com to have Private Comment Channels turned on.