Idea Spotlight is a great place to share and build on ideas, and we want to make sure it stays this way. To ensure the conversation stays on point and adheres to your terms and conditions, you can now add Comment Moderation to a Challenge or Conversation. This feature allows your audience to report inappropriate comments to assigned moderators who must decide whether to remove or keep the comment.
- If a comment has already been reported and accepted by a moderator, it cannot be reported again unless it has been edited since the initial review.
- A comment remains reported until a moderator makes a decision, even if the comment is edited pending moderation.
- Authors cannot report their own comments.
How to Report A Comment
When moderation is turned on for a Challenge or Conversation, any contributor can report comments as inappropriate, which will generate a task to the applicable moderators to review the comments.
Figure 1: Reporting A Comment
1) The Report button shown above will only be visible under a comment if moderation has been enabled. To report an inappropriate comment, click the Report button and pop-up will appear as shown in Figure 2.
2) Select a reason for reporting the comment from the drop-down provided and add further detail if you wish in the field below.
Figure 2: Reason for Reporting A Comment
3) Click Confirm to send the report. Depending on the moderation settings, the comment will either be removed instantly as shown in Figure 3, or remain until the moderator makes their decision.
Figure 3: A Removed Reported Comment
4) The author of the comment receives an in-app notification that it has been reported